Sunday, June 3, 2012

Raspberry Bars Recipe

Sisters,

Here is a link to the recipe for the raspberry bars. I modified the recipe because life was crazy on Thursday and I couldn't run to the store.  The original recipe is even more delicious. I think that is why I was a little disappointed in how they turned out, because I know what they are really supposed to taste like. So if you thought mine were good, you should try the real recipe, which tastes sweeter. Here is the link.

However if you like more of a tart taste, here is what I did:

I made the crust according to the recipe. Instead of the raspberry pie filling, I mixed 5-6 cups frozen raspberries (thawed), 2 T cornstarch, and 2/3 C sugar. For the frosting, I used butter in place of the shortening and sour cream in place of the marshmallow cream and a little more confectioners' sugar. I also used a larger baking pan, I think mine is 13" x 17".


1 comment:

  1. I tried this recipe and my family LOVED these yummy raspberry bars! Thanks for this new recipe. We are always fed spiritually AND physically when we gather, are we not?

    ReplyDelete